When people have no style or imagination, they blindly follow others….A glaring example, I have come across, this status has been posted n re-posted so many times by the same people who want the “TRUTH”
“In 1982, In Singapore, LOKPAL BILL was implemented and 142 Corrupt Ministers were arrested in one single day.. Today Singapore has only 1% poor people & no taxes are paid by the people to the government, 92% Literacy Rate, Better Medical Facilities, Cheaper Prices, 90% Money is white & Only 1% Unemployment exists.. Re Post this if you want to live in a corruption free country.. !”
I, of course, could not agree with its accuracy.
1. “The basic idea of the Lokpal is borrowed from the office of the ombudsman in other countries.”Since when does Singapore have ombudsmen to begin with.
2. The terms Employment/unemployment/poor Cannot be statistically used unless u define them especially for a country like Singapore which refuses to draw a Poverty Line. What do u think poor is.. “never seen a Rs.100 or bigger denomination before in their life” .
3. “No Taxes”…lol…seriously…What do you think the IRAS of Singapore does….Sell Peanuts!!!
4. 1% unemployment is quite impossible – there is a theoretical min natural unemployment rate which is about 2%.
5. Singapore has hardly reported the arrest of a single minister for corruption…Let alone 142!!!…As a matter of fact i dont think there are 142 different individuals who have been a minister in Singapore.
To all the sane people out there…..For the Love of God!! Have some sense and get your facts straight before you post something!!!
The funny thing is that the people who are fighting the “war” against Corruption are the ones who post such bull crap and the sad part…the common mass is following such people. It reminds me of quite an apt quote by Voltaire….
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.“